This Is Fingerboarding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboarding News, Videos, Pictures, Reviews, Tips, and General Fingerboarding Discussion, All Here at This Is Fingerboarding!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My setup Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boffey
Boffey

My setup Review Empty
PostSubject: My setup Review   My setup Review EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Deck: Yellowood A-6

It has a Mellow Hexaganol concave, and medium kicks. The kick height is perfect to my preference, not too low and not to high so its unrealistic. The concave is really close to my 'perfect' preferance, if it had a tiny bit more concave it would be perfect, But its still really nice.

The craftmanship on the deck is perfect. The kicks are perfectly round, edges perfectly rounded and laquer is really smooth and shiny. All the holes are perfect, but this yellowood was from the first batch with no kingpin holes (I believe) which can be annoying, but my nc trucks dont need kingpin holes, so its ok.

It looks Amazing, the laquer is so shiny and it has a vibrant yellow bottom ply. The plies go, Yellow, Yellow, Black, Black, Yellow, Yellow. Ive had the deck around 3 months now and the bottom ply/laquer has many little dents and scratches but thats normal.

The pop is really solid, becasue of the 6th ply, but is also slightly heavier, which i like. Now though, it has lost quite alot of pop. Either from getting condensation on it from keeping it neer my window, or just alot of use. So the pop at the moment isnt too good.

Wheels: Nc V4s

Theyre Really Really smooth, but theyre not that fast. They feel really nice when you roll on them. I really like the wheels. Also, they're backless so they will not wear out.

One annoying thing ive noticed, is when i grind on somthing, usually the angle iron on my box 3, it that oil from the bearing goes on the angle iron and when you slide it goes on the deck. This is because the bearing touches the corner of the angle iron when locked on. Apart from that the wheels are pretty much perfect.

Trucks: Nc Wides

Not much to say about these.
Theyre basically td wides, but the kp doesnt stick out. Which makes them alot better because alot of top deck brands dont drill kp holes any more.

Tape: Ex-Tape

Ive already posted a review for it somewhere, so i wont put too much.
Its really good tape, im not saying that because im on the team. Its like almost worn in when you first put it on and after like 1 good seshion, its perfect.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/24alexjb

My setup Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My setup Review   My setup Review EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:56 pm

Boffey wrote:
Deck: Yellowood A-6

Its really good tape, im not saying that because im on the team. Its like almost worn in when you first put it on and after like 1 good seshion, its perfect.

Rolling Eyes yeah
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

My setup Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My setup Review   My setup Review EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Yeah, you havent even tried it.
im not biased at all
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/24alexjb

My setup Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My setup Review   My setup Review EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Boffey wrote:
Yeah, you havent even tried it.
im not biased at all

I was joking Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My setup Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My setup Review   My setup Review Empty

Back to top Go down

My setup Review
Page 1 of 1